Friday, March 5, 2010

These Darn Temptations

I have been tempted to do a lot of really stupid things lately. I can't even remember the last time I had these kinds of temptations either. The closest thing was probably a couple years ago, which I think I wrote about in one of the earliest blog posts. I am not quite sure how or why I am getting these sort of feelings but I am. It's taking a lot of will power to not give into these things, but I've slipped once or twice. Some of the temptations aren't actually that bad; venial sins at most because I sometimes don't realize what I'm saying or doing until it's too late. Others are really, really, really bad. I can justify them and make them not seem bad but deep down, I know it's really, really, really bad. The kind that both disgust me and make me want to ask St. Michael the Archangel to help me out because I don't want to submit to that kind of temptation. I'm sorry for the vagueness but I don't want to say what some of these temptations are. I will say that some are like little white lies, which I hate because I loathe lying. Other things are little hiccups of not so nice words (not exactly curse words but getting there). Like I said, I'll slip but I immediately feel really bad.

I was just wondering what you guys did when you get tempted to do or say something that is horrible. I don't get tempted to do stupid things that easily (I could give you a list of names of people who've tried to get me to do everything from doing illegal things to throwing away my purity like it was nothing special) but the enemy is really working hard to get me to slip. Is it because it'll amuse the enemy more if I slip during Lent? Is it because I've had a pretty clean slate and can go weeks without confessing anything? I don't know... all I know is that I have got to find a way to get rid of these darn things because they're bugging the living daylights out of me.

Btw, speaking of temptations, please know that if for some reason you slip (and don't do it consciously saying "well, I can confess it this weekend"), you can always ask God for forgiveness and go to confession. There is no better time to go to confession than during Lent. I go weekly (or twice a month) even if all I have to confess is one tiny little venial sin. Priests tell me I'm too hard on myself but I can't help it. I want my conscience clean, okay? lol.

Alright, I should try to get everything done before I can have some free time. Free time... I hardly knew ye. lol. :)

As always, thanks for reading and God Bless.

No comments: