Monday, March 29, 2010

Music Monday: Novel Playlist

As I get ready to send my novel off to proofreading (yes, the time has finally come... and just a month away from the deadline), I thought I'd share with y'all a short novel playlist. Some of the songs were mentioned in the novel, others helped put me in the right state of mind when writing for each character or for specific chapters. The first one, "Bad Sun" by the Bravery is what has become known (amongst my group of friends) as Will and Lina's theme song.

The songs are not in a particular order, really, except The Bravery and Grizzly Bear are the first two artists because I listened to them (moreso Grizzly Bear than any other artist) during the last couple of weeks of writing. I just added them as I remembered which artists I listened/listen to. As you will see, the songs are all over the musical spectrum because the two characters aren't alike. It'll be interesting if y'all can guess which songs belong to Will and which belong to Lina's portion of the novel (it's split into two; Will is the main focus of the first half, Lina of the second). If you know what the novel is about, it'll be easier for you. :D

And for the record, I still don't have a title for the novel; it's still currently titled "Will and Lina" though that may change at any moment. :D Alright, without further ado, the novel playlist.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


The songs are clues... but none about the ending. ;) They don't ever offer clues about the relationship (if there is one) between Will and Lina. :D Be my guest and take a guess at which songs are about who/what. :D

Alright, I am going to enjoy my first day of Spring Break.

As always, thanks for reading and God Bless. :D

No comments: