Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Today Was a Stinker

Boy, was today one of those ultimate stinker days. :( To not go into this long post about everything that went wrong, I'm going to try to summarize it.

First, mom lost her wallet -- with her I.D., her bank account number, my bank account number, her health insurance card, money, pictures of the family (dad and I, from when I was younger), etc. I say it was stolen because she put it down, looked away, and then it couldn't be found. No one reported it as "found" either. Either way, she feels horrible about it... and a little worried about me.

I got a call from Ralph's today (yes, the supermarket) that the taquitos we'd bought earlier this week were being recalled. Apparently, there is a dangerous of getting salmonella from them and it was overlooked until now. I had eaten five of these tacos (my go-to meal when I don't have time to prepare a meal from scratch) for lunch and I immediately began praying that I'd be fine. After those stomach issues I'd had two summers ago, I was fearing a repeat of it. I'm still hoping I avoid any type of problem with what I ate. *shudders*

Apart from that, I found out that my older brother (the one closest to me in age) might be moving to Texas next month if he doesn't find employment soon. *sigh* I think this is what I am having the biggest issue with because I'm very close to my brother and he's the only one in our family that keeps in touch with us. We see him once every two weeks, he's teaching me how to drive (finally! p.s. I want this car, lol), and he's just there for us when we most need him. As far as I'm concerned, he's my only brother because all my other siblings seem to have fallen off the edge of the earth, never to heard from again. I am going to ask St. Cajetan that he finds a job soon... because I selfishly want my brother to stay near us.

If this is one of those trials we all go through, I hope we, as a family, can get through it all right. I hope that my mom finds her wallet, or at least has no problem replacing everything. I hope my brother finds a job. And I hope my patience remains intact during these times. I'll just remind myself to stay optimistic.

Alright, I'm emotionally wiped so I'm going to go rest for a while. I hope everyone has had a better day than I have. :)

'Til next time, thanks for reading and God Bless!

2 comments:

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

Prayers from my place coming :)

I will call you over the weekend or something of that nature

Melissa Cecilia said...

Cell phone is M.I.A. and I might not be home this weekend.