Saturday, March 27, 2010

Getting Ready for Holy Week

Confession? Check. Homework done? Nearly Check; I have one more class to finish. (Side note: Finally!!! I'm even ahead of schedule in some courses.) Books that will help me stay on track during Holy Week? Check. All systems are good to go.

As I wrote yesterday, I had to put some thought into what I needed to do to ease the temptations I kept getting getting. One was easier than I thought (thank God for that!) and other was pretty hard because it meant saying goodbye to an old friend. In the long run, it was the best decision I could've made... but it's going to be hard. As long as I do what is right, I'll be okay. Thankfully it was clean break and there was no drama involved, which will hopefully make the transition smoother. I'm not just looking for easy, but you have to agree that it's quite preferable to chaos.

Going to confession was just what I needed. It gave me a chance to really thinks thoroughly as well as ask God for His help during this time. I also got a chance to pray both the Rosary and the Chaplet of the Divine Mercy while I waited to be picked up. Since my mom is in Mexico, I had my transportation service pick me up and drop me back home.

I think I'm ready for Holy Week. I have the schedule of Mass times (many of which I will have to go by myself since they are in the morning when my mom works.) I have eliminated the sources of my temptations. To quote Spongebob Squarepants "I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready!" lol. What is everyone doing for Holy Week? I'm always interesting to hear what others do, because it's different according to the cultural traditions one grew up with.

Alright, I need to finish cleaning up around my casa. Rebecca from Modestia is coming over for a girls night in movie marathon. One of the stipulations for my staying behind in L.A. while my mom went to Mexico was that I had to have a (girl) friend stay overnight; it would ease my mother's mind. Yes, even though her daughter is an adult, she still worries. At least I'll be in good company. :D

I hope everyone has a great weekend. :D

As always, thanks for reading and God Bless!

No comments: