Thursday, May 1, 2008

Writers Conference, Hooray for Sisters!, and Masses for Saints.

I am SO excited about the Catholic Writers Conference that starts tomorrow. It's a week long conference and I am attending at least one event each day. I hope it'll help me with my novels -- the one I'm working on now and future ones. I have to get up a bit early for the first event but it'll be worth it. :D *singing* I'm excited! I'm excited! lol. Hopefully I'll be able to make all the events but who knows. I might get busy with other things. My schedule's been SO packed lately... eesh. lol. It's a good thing though. :D Anyway, I probably won't write anything about the conference -- like my thoughts on it -- until it's over 'cause, well, it's just logical. lol. :D Fingers crossed, the whole thing will go smoothly. :D

Have I mentioned how AWESOME my sis is? Best. Sister. EVER!!! She's seriously like Super Sis! She can make me smile when I feel my absolute worst. She can be silly with me, which is what I need! lol. And she's helped me realize my dream of having a certain ring (which I will hopefully write about in a future blog) on my finger! She understands me when no one else does and she's just there for me. Hooray for sisters! :D And HEEEEEEEEEEEY SIS (in case she reads this :D). *big hug!*

Yesterday I went to church and asked to have two Masses dedicated -- one for Our Lady of Guadalupe, the other for St. Jude Thaddeus -- as my way of saying THANK YOU to them for their intercessions. I didn't expect them to be SO expensive though. I usually pay $5 per dedication at another church but since I'm now attending a new one, closer to my house, I went there. $10 each dedication. YOWZA! Next time, I'm going back to my old parish -- don't care the distance -- and getting it done there. It's not that I'm cheap... it's that $10 per Mass is EXPENSIVE. If someone pays more, please let me know. I honestly hadn't heard of it being more than $5 anywhere else. Right now, I'm very careful about money because I have to pay my tuition soon (got $24,000 to spare? lol), I'm traveling soon, and I have expenses to pay. Simple as that. I don't really won't wish I could take it back and go elsewhere for the Masses. What's done is done and they both deserve to have Thanks giving Masses. :D

Alright, well, I am watching the second to last episode of Rock the Cradle. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE Crosby Loggins! MAN BETTER WIN THE COMPETITION! :D lol. I have an early day tomorrow so I should go. :D As always, thanks for reading and God Bless.
.

4 comments:

Delaney said...

Yes, sisters are wonderful! *joins Emmy in cheering for them* My sister is like Elinor when I'm like Marianne.

Melissa Cecilia said...

Ooh, brownie points for mentioning Jane Austen characters! lol. :D

And, hey, you're also a great sis! :D

Delaney said...

*collects her brownie points modestly*

Well, so are you! :D ;)

Melissa Cecilia said...

Heehee, I'm still learning. I hope I'm a good sis, or that I'll get better. :D