Friday, May 30, 2008

The Rosary, and Holy Cards.

If there's one thing that's always helped me center myself, it's praying the Rosary. I've made it a promise to pray the Rosary twice a day as a Thank You for keeping to Our Lady for keeping my feeling well during the day. It works. You can argue that it's my deep faith that keeps me optimistic but I still owe a big part of my sanity to St. Dymphna and to Our Lady. I'm relieving St. Jude Thaddeus from intercession because I feel like I asked him way too much 2 years ago when I was first sick. He's still one of my patron saints, though. :D

Something else that I can always count on... at least one my friends knowing EXACTLY what I need when I need it the most. I received two Holy Cards (and a little angel pin with my birth month colors) today as a gift from one of my best friends. One card was of Mother Teresa and the other was of Our Lady of Fatima. I LOVE collecting Holy Cards with prayers on them because I think it's important to pray and to also have a little reminder of each saint with you. To paraphrase something on one of the episodes of That Catholic Show, having the little prayer/holy cards is like having a picture of a family member... only they're saints. :D

Okay, well, sorry for SUCH a short entry. I've been lightheaded and just feeling horrible all day. Seriously, I was in my bedroom most of the day. Blah. :( Anyway, thanks for reading and God Bless.

P.S. Happy 28th Birthday to El Capitan -- Steve Gerrard (Gerrard... can kick a ball 40 yards... he's better than Frank Lampard... Steve Gerrard, Gerrard). :D
.

No comments: