Monday, June 2, 2008

Is it Possible To Ask Too Many Saints for their Intercession?

So, I have this slight dilemma. The whole world is my oyster, and I have no idea what to do. On the education front: I had a school I was set to attend this Fall all but, for reasons I will never understand, it fell through. Although I'm VERY disappointed that I won't be attending this particular school, I understand that there HAS to be a reason why I didn't end up going there. As I said to the Lord a few weeks ago when I was praying, I am putting myself completely in his hands, so I know that whatever ends up happening will be for the best. I will also ask St. Thomas Aquinas for his intercession in hopes that he and God guide me to the school I will attend to finish my degree... if I am to finish my Bachelor's degree.

See, it would be done if I only had the one problem... but it's not simple. Is it ever that easy? lol. Not only do I not know what to do in terms of my education, I have NO CLUE what I am to do as a vocation. I am mentally set on becoming a writer but what if it doesn't work out? There are so many things I'd consider doing -- becoming a Religious Studies teacher for elementary school children is getting closer to the top of list -- that I have no clue what direction to go in. I could ask St. Jude Thaddeus (my patron saint) to help since he IS the patron saint of hopeless causes, but I feel bad asking his intercession because I've already asked way too much years ago.

Then there's other issues like my anxiety (St. Dymphna helps me with that) and my overall health (Our Lady of Guadalupe is helping me with this one). There's a reason I have so many patron saints (though I usually count on 2 - 3 for most things). This caused me to think... is it possible to ask too many saints for their intercessions? I mean, each saint is a patron of a particular thing. It makes sense to me (and I might be the only one who thinks this way) to ask them depending on what their patronage is. I have to go talk to Fr. Leo about this because I have absolutely no clue. Do we just get one patron saint and go to them for everything (like I used to do with St. Jude)? Is it okay to ask more than one at the same time? If anyone knows the answer to that, please feel free to enlighten me because I haven't gotten the slightest of clues. lol.

Hmm. It's definitely something I will think about after I pray the Rosary tonight. And, speaking of that, I will go eat and then do that before the day ends. As always, thanks for reading and God Bless. :D
.

No comments: