Wednesday, March 12, 2014

What I Learned Wednesday #27: Saints, Litanies, and Prayer Procrastination

1) I learned something that I found kind of cool regarding one of my favorite saints, St. Benedict of Nursia. I've been learning more about the old calendar of feast days and saw that St. Benedict's old feast day is March 21st (btw, novena starts today) and his new feast day is July 11th. Why is it interesting? Because my dad was born the day after his old feast day and he passed away on the day of his new feast day. In a weird day, I feel more connected to St. Benedict because of this cool coincidence. It's up there with my birthday being the same day as St. Ferdinand of Castille's feast day. I'll explain the connection to that one on my birthday. ;)

2) My spiritual director mentioned to me the Litany of Thanksgiving which I had never heard about until last month. I tried to look for it but only found it at Catholic Doors. Does anyone have a different version of it? If so, please send it my way. If this is the correct version, someone please let me know. Again, I am not sure so... you know... please help a sister out. lol.

3) As some of you noticed, I did not blog yesterday... but I had a very good reason. I was feeling so terrible that I slept almost all day. I certainly spent most of the day in bed. Anyway, I didn't do morning prayers yesterday and that frustrated me because I could have done it earlier, when I wasn't feeling as fatigued and sick. This is one of the biggest problems that I have -- procrastination. I always think I will have time to do it "a little later" and then, sometimes, things get in the way and then I don't have time. It's incredibly annoying. This Lent I want to work on my prayer procrastination. I hate to admit it but I totally failed again this morning because I was sleep deprived and hungry (no food in the house). By the time I got up, I was ready to rush to get some fast food before my doctor's appointment. I know, there are so many wrong things with that. lol. Someone (who knows me well enough to do so) needs to get on my case about this until I get the hang of it.

And that's it for now. I'm still not feeling 100% so please excuse the shorter than usual blog posts until I'm feeling better. :D

As always, thanks for reading and God bless! :D

No comments: