Saturday, June 11, 2011

Vocation Discernment, Part Two?

Isn't this a great picture from LOLSaints?

Is there something in the air that is making some of my best friends rethinking their vocations? It seems that many of us (yes, I am included in that) are going to start discerning their vocations once more. The majority are thinking about the priesthood and the religious life but there are some of us re-thinking our careers. I still believe that my vocation is that of wife and mother (though I occasionally get impatient and wonder when that special guy will come into my life), especially these last couple of days, but I don't know if I still have what it takes to be a teacher. I still want to work in something that involves the Faith but I am unsure if it's teaching. I still want to write for a living but we all know how hard that is. I simply don't know. In an uncharacteristically short blog post (yeah, I know), I'm asking y'all to please say a prayer for everyone (not just my friends or me) who are currently discerning (or re-discerning) their vocations. I am still on the search for a spiritual director *sigh* but in the meantime, I will continue re-educating myself during the summer; until God shows me what my next step is. :) Anyone else in the same boat? I'm seriously considering starting a support prayer group if anyone wants in. :)

Anyway, sorry this is short but I've been a little busier than usual and have a couple of times to get done before the day ends.

Hope your weekend is going well thus far and THANK YOU in advance for the prayers!

As always, thanks for reading and God bless.

2 comments:

Clare said...

Praying, Emmy. The Feast of Pentecost seems a particularly appropriate day to pray for this intention. God bless!

Catholics on Call said...

Emmy: I just found your blog and read some of the articles. There is a conference coming up in August for young adult discerners like you and your friends. It's called Catholics on Call: http://www.catholicsoncall.org/young-adult-conferences-2011
You will meet with other young people who are thinking of a vocation and are looking for direction. Check it out and let me know if you have questions.
My name is Birgit and I am the Program Coordinator!
Blessings to you!