Saturday, December 29, 2007

Sickness, James McAvoy, and Dreams.

So, no blog yesterday because I spent most of the day in bed. I slept most of the day, was in pain for a few hours in the evening and then slept some more so that I wouldn't feel the pain as much. The only solid thing I've eaten today is toast... and I'm still nauseous. Ew. I've been drinking teas and I managed to drink an entire thing of Gatorade this morning so at least I'm hydrated. I think shortly after I finish this blog, I'm going back to bed because I still feel crummy. Hmm... well there go my plans of having my clean-a-thon yesterday and today. This just goes to show you that, although you may make plans, plans can always be altered by things that come up. Booh! Booh, I tell ya! lol.

Moving onto something a little more pleasant... I found this quote from James McAvoy which I found amusing yet endearing. He says, "I'm just 5 foot 7 inches and I have pasty white skin. I don't think I'm ugly, but I'm not a classic-looking leading man. I don't know what the fuss is about." Is he serious? It may be my little crush on him talking but I disagree with him! What makes him appealing is the fact that he's incredibly talented and he is one of the few (and rare) actors that hasn't been affected by his success. That and the fact that he wanted to be a priest growing up is awesome. He still curses like a sailor, he's honest and tells it like it is. It's refreshing, really. And, okay, he's easy on the eyes as well. lol. I wanted to go see "Atonement" at a nearby movie theater (perk about living in a big city: you can watch films before they're released nationwide) but I don't know how long I'm going to be feeling gross so plans have been scrapped until further notice.

Moving away from the awesomeness that is James McAvoy... one of my favorite things about sleeping are my dreams. I usually have some really crazy (but often nice) dreams that, as a priest from my church said, "are better than the movies." Yes, that's what he said about my dreams -- well, the ones I told him I had that involved saints and angels. I won't even try to decipher what they mean because I know we're not supposed to. I was given the advice to look into the saint's lives if I keep dreaming about them. No one bring up the suggestion of looking it from Freud's point of view because I don't agree with most of what he thought. I spent about 4-5 months studying Freud (in both my Philosophy and Psychology courses) and I'm done with him. lol. I'd rather just think about how lovely they are and what I can get out of them.

And, okay, I'm about done for now. I might come back later on, if I feel better, to try that blog about why my patron saints are my patrons saints. *crosses fingers*

Thanks for reading and God Bless. :D

No comments: