Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Forks in the (Nerdy) Road. Now What, God?

I should've titled this one: The One in Which I Ramble on. You'll see why. lol.

I've come to realize that, as I start the 54 Day Rosary Novena with Angelica and a couple of friends, I'm at a point where my life could go in different directions. In fact, I am thanking Holy Spirit for undoubtedly helping Angelica present the idea of the novena because it couldn't have come at a better time.

You see the title of the blog post? See how "forks" is plural? Uh-huh, yeah... nearly everything is up in the air right now. It's not necessarily a bad thing. I have options but I may have too many options in some cases. Career, school, the thing I don't like blogging about because I feel it should be kept as private as possible (relationships)... I have a lot to think about. In a way, it's good. Though my career was advancing, most everything else was stagnant and I didn't know what would be next. Now I feel like God has unpaused (wait, is that even a word) my life and is allowing me to grow even more. The trouble is that I have no idea what to do or where to start.

I was thinking of disconnecting from the online world for a couple of days to sort through all my thoughts and feelings (it's sort of my M.O.) but my bestie gave me good reasons why I shouldn't completely disconnect. Seriously, I suffer from Jane Bennet syndrome (too shy at times, too cautious, too "well, I can just wait to see what happens"). (side note: If you don't know who Jane Bennet is, do me a favor and go read Pride and Prejudice). Instead, I'm just going to spend a lot more time praying and writing (I work through things better when I write them out) and less time trying to distract myself on social networks. Sorry, Twitter and Facebook buddies, but I really need to do this. I'm also going to park myself in front of the tabernacle and crucifix as many days as I can this week because I definitely need God's guidance.

Ever feel like you're about to embark on a big journey but you have no idea what it is, when it'll start, where it starts, or how it will start? If so, then you can probably guess how I'm feeling right now. I'm actually writing this late at night on the 7th but it's scheduled for the 8th in the afternoon. Hooray for nighttime ramblings and time to think about deleting the post if I chicken out. lol. No, I won't delete it. This is part of this nerd's journey.

I still don't know what God wants me to do but I have completely let myself trust Him and I am allowing him to lead the way. I know He won't let me go down the wrong path. It's actually quite exciting. I don't know why but I feel really, really looking forward to praying this novena and seeing the results. Maybe I won't get exactly what I'm asking for but I know I'll receive what God thinks is best for me and that is more than enough for me. :D

Okay, officially rambling and I have like 25 minutes to finish my nighttime prayers so I should skedaddle. Don't mind me and my rambling; I occasionally have a couple of these I do throughout the year. lol.

Anyway, still taking prayer requests if you have time. ;) Please load me up with them. I'm serious. :)

As always, thanks for reading and God bless. :D

4 comments:

Православный физик said...

If it makes you feel any better, I'm lost too right now. More detail when I get back (whenever the that will be thank you weather and financial delays)....Right now thinks are in a bit of a flux.

Православный физик said...

If it makes you feel any better, I'm lost too right now. More detail when I get back (whenever the that will be thank you weather and financial delays)....Right now thinks are in a bit of a flux.

Moonlight said...

I'm in the same boat. I just had a realization that what I have been pursuing for the past three years isn't going to happen any time soon so I need to totally rethink what I'm going to be doing in the next few years. It's REALLY scary!! Thanks for the reminder that God's always there. You're in my prayers and I ask that you please pray for me as well.
JMJ+

Tiffany said...

Hi Emmy! Would you pray for my husband's reversion back to his Catholic faith?

Thank you!
Tiffany