Sunday, February 21, 2010

No Real Post Tonight; Saints Quiz

Yes, I am posting about there being no real entry tonight. lol. Sorry. I just finished my History homework and quiz... with 5 minutes to spare. I have a feeling I will be in a similar situation tomorrow as I have just barely caught up with my homework... and tomorrow is the final round of tests and whatnot before the new cycle starts Tuesday. I expect it to be less chaotic from Tuesday on.

Anyway, here's a fun little quiz I found that I think many of you will enjoy. Have fun. :)

Saints Quiz: Which One Are You?

My answer:
"Your saint is Maximilian Kolbe.

Maximilian Kolbe
1894–1941
Feast day: August 14
Canonized in 1982
Maximilian Kolbe is the patron saint of drug addicts.

As a young Franciscan, Maximilian Kolbe conceived of himself as a “knight” of Mary. He saw his mission as fighting at her side to reverse the dark tides that were engulfing the world. Maximilian was a communications genius, founding a widely circulated magazine and his City of the Immaculate, a state-of-the-art media complex with a printing press, a radio station, a college and an airfield. Kolbe suffered from chronic tuberculosis, which slowed him down, but never stopped him.

Kolbe was an outspoken critic of the Nazis. So in 1939, they turned the City of the Immaculate into a concentration camp and arrested him. His spirit never flagged during the months before his death at Auschwitz, and he gave other prisoners hope.

God’s justice will prevail, and all will plainly see it, so there is no reason to despair.
—Maximilian Kolbe

Other saints whose stories may interest you: Jacob Gapp, Margaret Clitherow, Teresa of Calcutta

This quiz has been taken 7797 times. Your personality type matches 8.77% of the people who have taken this quiz."

I like it! :D Which saint did you get? Let me know. :D Alright, off to bed I go!

As always, thanks for reading and God Bless!

4 comments:

Claire Christina said...

I'm St Anthony. But it's possible my answers affected by recognizing which sets matched up to the same saint, and my innate tendency to want to be a little bit of everything (I'm pretty sure I answered one question for each saint, and could tell which saint was which)! Sometimes playing mind games with yourself is just ridiculous. :)

Epiphany said...

I'm St. Anthony too.

AMDG-3141 said...

I ended up with Martin de Porres. A saint, I am embarrassed to admit, I've never heard of before! My sister has almost every conceivable book on saints, so I'm going to hit her up for more information on him. Thanks for the nice diversion! :)

Melissa Cecilia said...

St. Martin de Porres has an amazing story. I think you'd really like it, AMDG-3141.