Sunday, November 21, 2021

Oblation and Consecration Renewal Day


 Happy feast of Christ the King! 


Today I renewed my Benedictine oblate promises, my Marian consecration, & my consecration to Divine Mercy. It’s a tradition at Clear Creek Abbey (& many other Benedictine monasteries) that oblates renew their promises today, on the feast of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Since I knew the date, I chose to renew my other consecrations on this day as well. 


It was a beautiful 33 days leading up to today. I purposely took the week off from social media in order to prepare for it. While I didn’t get to do things as I had planned, it was still a fruitful time that I needed. I feel like it also put me in the right headspace for the beginning of Advent in just a week. Of course, being somewhat of a liturgical calendar geek, I have plans for my favorite liturgical seasons (Advent & Christmastide) but I’ll get to that later. For now…


Peace! In the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.


I renew my oblation & offer myself to Almighty God through the Blessed Virgin Mary & our Holy Father Benedict, as an Oblate of Our Lady of the Annunciation of Clear Creek Monastery & promise again to dedicate myself to the service of God & Humanity

according to the Rule of Saint Benedict

in so far as my state in life permits.


(Photo of a consecration bracelet I was given, the Rosary I got at Clear Creek on the eve of my final promises this past August, & my Christmas gift (a Benedictine crucifix) I also got from Clear Creek in 2018 before I knew I was going to end up making my final promises there.)

No comments: