Friday, July 20, 2018

New (and Exciting!) Blog Changes


I nearly shut this blog down last week.

Long story short, I thought that there was absolutely nothing new that I could offer y'all. Sure, I always find new things to write about for EpicPew (and now for Verily Magazine). My God-given creativity keeps churning new material for novels, but I wasn't sure what I could do with this blog.

That's why there was a 2-week gap between blog posts. I was running on empty. After keeping up this blog for 10 and a half years, I didn't know what else I could write about; what to share.

In the 10 years that I've kept this blog, I've written about a number of topics:

  • My adventures at secular and CINO (Catholic in name only) colleges.
  • My father's (and family's) journey with cancer followed by the aftermath of his death.
  • My joys and sorrows in my spiritual life.
Of course, there continue to be topics that remain off-limits (for now) so I can't touch on them. I mean, I'll discuss my vocation discernment in vague terms and share how hard it is to be a single lady these days but that's as far as I go with that. Similarly, I don't talk about my family life too much out of respect for all other family members.

"This is it," I thought to myself. "I'm officially out of new things to write about. I have nothing worth sharing."

Of course, God had other plans for me. A couple of weeks ago, a lot of changes came into my life. Some of them have changed my life for the better. Others have enriched my prayer life. It took me until today to realize that these are things that I can share as I try to figure them out (especially the new prayer/devotions).

So, that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to share the new changes I've begun implementing, one subject at a time. For the time being, I don't really see myself sharing some of the more personal things I once shared. Yes, when the time comes, I'm sure I will share further vocation development but, for now, that will continue to be one of those "off-limits" topics. No, that was not a hint... not really, anyway. I mean... uh... Oh, look, a squirrel! *runs away*

This blog will be heading in a different direction and I'm really excited about it. Even if I lose all my readers and I end up keeping this blog as a public diary for myself, this feels like the right thing for me to do. I feel at peace with this decision... and I cannot wait to share all these things with y'all!

That's it for now! 

I look forward to sharing more in the upcoming days! And, yes, this means I'll be updating more often now that I have a clearer vision of what I want to do with this blog. :)

As always, thanks for reading and God bless!

No comments: