Sunday, February 20, 2011

Still Confused but Grateful

I stumbled across a blog post in which Fr. Roderick shared a link with the list of the 200 Most Popular Catholic Blogs by Google Subscribers. I went through the list, not surprised that Fr. Z took top spot (read it if you haven't yet!) nor that Patrick Madrid cracked the top 10. I was, however, surprised that this blog came in at number 166. I let out a "wot?!" (yes, in a British accent; I've been indulging my inner Anglophile with films today) and I'm pretty much still surprised.

I don't know why y'all read my blog, I am so not interesting and this is really a sort of journal (albeit a very public one) for me, but I am truly grateful. I am grateful that you guys take the time to actually read my posts. I am very grateful for the emails and twitter messages I get regarding my posts. When I started this blog I really did it for myself. I thought that if I kept a record of my journey, I would a) keep track of how I was growing spiritually and b) I would hold myself accountable for any mistakes I'd made along the way. As you guys can see, I still make mistakes as I am learning and I do not mind others knowing this because of hopes I have of not having pride or vanity. I do not want to think myself spiritually superior to others because I'm truly not.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank y'all for reading and sharing in this journey with me. :D I hope you all had a great weekend and have a great week. :D

As always, thank you for reading and God Bless. :D

2 comments:

AMDG-3141 said...

It's those down-to-earth/day-in-the-life/"journal" type blogs that are the most interesting. Congratulations!

Athanasis Contra Mundum said...

Congrats on breaking into the top 200! That's quite an achievement considering there's so many new St Blogs created every day.
Let's not forget though to hold each other in prayer, we're in this together.