Thursday, February 17, 2011

Coming Up for Air

Three weeks without a single post. Wow. I've been so busy playing catch up in my classes (so much work and so little time) these last couple of weeks. Half of my midterms are this and the other half next week so I've been focusing on getting caught up with reading my thick, heavy textbooks. I also had a nasty cold about a two weeks ago so those were additional blogging and homework days lost. I actually have something due in about 45 minutes but it's mostly done (I just need to finish writing the synopsis) so I'm taking a quick break so update before I get busy again.

I noticed one very sad thing about not having much free time this semester... my prayer life has suffered tremendously. I was used to praying the Rosary up to twice a day (or at the very least once a day), the Chaplet of the Divine Mercy right after the Rosary, in addition to really trying to strengthen myself spiritually. Coming to this school as well as other things have made that hard. I've still been praying daily but I wasn't devoting much time to actually taking time off to do so; I've been doing it on the way to or from school. I haven't stopped by the chapel on campus that much either since my classes are pretty much back-to-back and then I try to get home as soon as possible to do homework. I know it might be weird to say this, but I felt as if I were drowning in a sea of textbooks, green books, scantrons. I feel suffocated this semester and I haven't taken much time for myself. It wasn't until I really took the time to reexamine my priorities that I realized what was happening and what I could do to change things. I need to feel like I can breathe again.

My time management and schedule is going to get a "face lift"... or, I should, say, has already started to change. I'm going to try to blog daily, even if it's a little something, to help me keep myself on track and in check. The hour before bed is being reserved as my time with the Lord if I can't make it Mass that day. (Have I mentioned that I've been trying harder to attend daily Mass, whether it be on campus before my morning classes or at the nearby parish before I leave for my late-morning/afternoon classes?) Things are a-changing, I'm starting to take better care of myself and it feels good. :) If you don't see a blog update two days in a row, please feel free to give me a little nudge and remind me. I really do think that writing a post will help remind me of why I'm really here (at this particular school) and that I still have a lot to learn about myself and the Faith.

Okay, I now have half an hour to finish these Cornell notes on an essay on Canons, Catalogs, and Canonization so I should go do that now. :D

I hope everyone has been well and has had a great week thus far (I know I have :D).

'Til next time, thanks for reading and God Bless!

No comments: