Monday, July 19, 2010

Music Monday: I Pray For You

This will be a short post as I am running around getting all my health forms signed and immunization records mailed for the upcoming school year.

Anyhoo, I don't know about y'all but I like to pray for whoever God has in store for me. I may not know who he is yet but I still pray that he is well and that the Lord is ever-present in his heart and mind. I also pray for those who have been special in my life because they've made me who I am today. I, however, don't pray quite like the lyrics of this particular suggest.

I first heard this song, and saw the video, on CMT one morning as I was getting ready to leave my home. It's called "I Pray For You" by Jaron and the Long Road to Love. It sounded promising until it got further into the lyrics... and those lyrics were played out in the video. My first thought was "Wow, I hope no one ever prays for me in this way!" You'll just have to play the video to know what I'm talking about (if you already don't).



I didn't post either the original video or the sequel because I found them a little... eesh. In the original video Jaime Pressly did and wore things that I would not want seen on this blog so I nixed that video from making it on here. The second video dealt with voodoo done on a satirical level but I wasn't comfortable displaying it either so I chose a fan made video with the lyrics. If you want to watch the videos, well, you've been warned and you should have that in mind if you wander over to youtube to watch 'em.

That's all for now. I hope everyone had a great weekend. :D

As always, thanks for reading and God Bless!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This song never settled well with me either...glad I'm not the only one! I know it's just a song, but I wouldn't even want to joke about that! : )

Melissa Cecilia said...

Yeah, it's a little extreme for my tastes.