Friday, October 11, 2013

Attention all CINO College Survivors...

I know I'm starting this a little late (I had been planning on it being up last month) but I've been so busy that this is the first week I've had a time to really sit down and plan things out.

As some of you may have already read on my Twitter, I have a project in the works that involves helping others who are either in CINO colleges or are considering applying to and/or attending one. This project has been in the works for a long time but I think it's ready to see the light. I already have some people on board but I am hoping that more people will help out. Interested? This is what I'm looking for:

If any of you are CINO college survivors and/or know people who attended a CINO college and were (undoubtedly) less than pleased with what was "taught" in them, I would love to hear your story. For legal purposes (I don't want to get sued and I'm sure you don't either), names of professors and colleges will be omitted. You can choose to have it posted as "anonymous" as well.

The point of this project is that I want these stories to be heard and to potentially help other faithful Catholics who are either considering these schools or know others that are.

Today, we received a letter (addressed to my father no less) asking for donations of $1,500 to $10,000. Are they serious? Why on earth would we want to continue funding it? I've already said that if I ever have enough to donate, I am going to donate to schools that are orthodox and not CINOs.

Anyway, if you'd like to help out, please contact me via Twitter, through the blog's FB page, or even through email at catholicnerdwriter at gmail dot com. I am so passionate enough this -- about all the damage they not only inflict on the faithful but also those who aren't Catholic but who want a good Catholic education -- that I am ready for the fight.

I hope some of you can help and I look forward to hearing from you.

And now I'm off to cheer on the United States Men's National Team (futbol; soccer).

As always, thanks for reading and God bless! :D

2 comments:

Marc Davignon said...

Hi Emmy!

As someone who is currently applying a few catholic schools for graduate school, I think your idea would be very helpful. While I'm probably going to be confined to what few schools award me funding, it would be a huge help to be more prepared for what's in store in case the University of Heresy is the only one to provide funding. I realize you aren't going to name names of schools publically, but do you have any resources you could recommend that might shed some light on the level of orthodoxy at particular schools? Thanks so much!

Melissa Cecilia said...

Marc - Definitely check out the Cardinal Newman Society. They have a print version of what's on their website (I'm willing to be it's more comprehensive) but if you're on a tight budget, they have their list on their website.