Saturday, September 5, 2015

Nothing But Gratitude

Can I just say how grateful I am for the people who are currently in my life? Last night I had a major breakthrough on an issue that had been plaguing me for the last couple of days. I didn't even know it had been an issue until 2-3 days ago. This problem had made me feel incredibly restless, lonely (and not just in a romantic sense; in a platonic one as well), and I was just not in a good place. That writer's block I talked about on Twitter? That stemmed from the restlessness. At one point, all I wanted to do was cry because I was so stressed out. Then, as the song goes, I got by with a little help from my friends.

The issue in question is something I've been praying for clarity on. In fact, today I'm on day 7 of this particular novena (I have two going on at the same time). What the problem is has to remain vague but let's just say that it was something that I had to address and was something that had built up over the last 4 years or so. Because it had built up over time, when it fell apart, I was incredibly disappointed and I found myself at a loss on how to proceed. Enter: restlessness with just a small dash of loneliness. I firmly believe it was thanks to Mama Mary's prayers, as well as the love and support from the ladies in the Blessed is She (Southwest Region) community, I had that breakthrough that led me to the state I am in now: a state of peace, understanding, and gratitude.

I've always felt sort of like a little, lone duck in a massive pond. I grew up by myself (with my parents, of course). I did most of my high school years by myself (through an independent charter school; only went into to do exams two hours per week). I will be doing most of my graduate degree on my own (save for a couple of lectures and events on campus). Most of my friends have moved away from L.A. (or even CA). I'm home alone for a good portion of my day. All that builds up. Usually, I'm okay with it. In fact, I'm used to it. Hello, I'm an introvert. Some days are really hard. When you're going through something big, that loneliness is glaringly obvious.

These past two days I was reminded that there are still great people around, even when no one in your immediate circle of friends is available. God has blessed me with a wonderful support system. Even people who I barely know offered up prayers and support over the week. I think we (or at the very least, I) sometimes forget to be thankful for those around us. We get caught up in our own problems, in our own feelings, and we forget to say a big "thank you" to everyone in our lives. So, please, let me take this moment to say a big "Thank you!" to everyone.

If you're reading this blog post, thank you. If you follow me or have interacted with me on any social media site, thank you. If you've prayed for me, thank you. To my close friends, thank you. To my acquaintances, thank you. To the virtual strangers with big hearts, thank you. Even if you've never interacted with me and this is your first time reading this blog, thank you. You might've not done anything directly for me but I believe that everyone has planted many seeds of goodness throughout the world that eventually cause others to do the same. That chain just multiplies and eventually it reaches a person whom you don't know that has been in need. Thank you.

Anyway, just a little something I felt like writing. :)

Alright, I've got to go stand in line for the confessional because they only have an hour of confessions at this particular parish and if you're late, you're out of luck.

As always, thanks for reading and God bless! :D

No comments: