Monday, March 30, 2015

I Was Accepted to JP Catholic's Grad School!

Just a quick post to share the good news: I was accepted to John Paul the Great Catholic University's Theology grad program! From now, I'm going to refer to it as JP Catholic because the name is so long. ;) I received the news earlier this morning but I've been busy so I haven't had a chance to blog about it until now.

Now that I've received all three grad admissions decisions (I was accepted to Christendom College, Franciscan University of Steubenville, and JP Catholic) I can officially say that I've decided to attend JP Catholic this upcoming fall. The courses/program, the finances, the location (I'll be able to drive down for events since it's only 2-3 hours south from L.A.)... everything fell into place for JP Catholic.

I'll be completely honest, the fact that they took a cue from Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI (whom I unashamedly fangirl over) on what should be studied when they created the program pretty much sold me on the school. After seeing the courses required for the Master's degree, I knew this school was the perfect fit for me. I'll be doing it online since I'm needed in L.A. for the foreseeable future but I look forward to attending any events they have, something I couldn't have done at Christendom or Franciscan. 

That's the big news that I had been hoping/waiting to share. I'd like to thank everyone who prayed for me and especially those who either wrote letters of recommendation (or called on my behalf) to all three schools. I am beyond blessed to have amazing support from y'all. :)

I probably won't blog again until after Easter Sunday so I hope you have a fruitful Holy Week. :) I wrote my Lenten reflection post yesterday in case you missed it. ;)

And that's it for now. :) As always, thanks for reading and God bless! :D

2 comments:

Jeff Miller said...

Yeah!

Kigwit said...

Hooray! Congrats. I've dreamt of attending JP Catholic. I think they have the best curriculum for a master's.