Friday, December 5, 2014

7 Quick Takes Vol. 22: Holy Updates, Batman.


-- 1 --
"Hey Emmy, didn't you say you were going to post an update about your novel sequel?" Yes. "Where is it?" Here! Sort of. Okay, fine, this is just a "in a nutshell" version of the actual thing (which I haven't posted because I am waiting for fixed publication dates...): the novel sequel (Will and Lina: London Calling) is done. Beta readers have it in their hands. The fixed Kindle publication date is the 19th of this month. That isn't what I'm waiting for. I'm waiting to learn when the physical copies will be available. Yes, you read it right: the novels (both When Two Worlds Collide and London Calling) will finally be available in print form for those of you who have held out for one (you beautiful book purists, you.) I am hoping that everything will be published by the end of this month because I sort of want to move onto other ideas for other novels. I've already started a third book that is not related to the Will and Lina series. Yes, it's still fiction.

-- 2 --
And while on the topic of novels (particularly mine): I'll also be giving away copies (physical and/or Kindle; winner's choice) of the London Calling. There is a catch: to be eligible for the drawing, you must have reviewed the first novel. It could be a review on Amazon, Goodreads, your blog, etc. It could be something as simple as "I liked this book," "Seriously, this thing was terrible," a more detailed review, or just giving it a star-rating. If you've already done this anywhere, send me the links to your reviews and I'll add you to the drawing which will be held on December 18th. More details on that when I get the actual post published.

-- 3 -- 
Health news: toothaches come and go and dentist appointments are still a no-go because it took me weeks just to be able to see my primary doctor. Before you ask why I have to involve my doctor: my platelets are still low and it's more than likely means I have ITP. They were at 121 in September and are down to 118 as of this Monday (but still up from 106 in August). That means that any type of dental work that I need that would involve me bleeding would be tricky because of the low platelets. I can't afford to bleed and have to avoid even the smallest paper cuts. I also have low white blood cells and I still have a bit of low iron so, you know, anything like removal of wisdom teeth (I still have my upper two) might have to wait a bit longer. Sigh. I do have other stuff that needs to be done (the sound you now hear is of me hyperventilating over the thought of two possible root canals) and hopefully I can get that done without much blood lost. We'll see what the dentist (currently looking for a new one since the last one got some of his spittle in my mouth; seriously, it was disgusting) says. Fingers crossed because it's been a week of on-off toothaches. P.S. before anyone in the peanut gallery chimes in, if it's not positive I don't want to hear about it. Please reserve your comments (i.e. "well, better get that look at before it gets worse" or some horror story) as they can trigger my already heightened anxiety into a panic attack.

-- 4 --
All of that aside: it looks like the grad schools I applied to have already received most, if not all, the things necessary for them to make a decision regarding my admission status. I only applied to two because of how flipping expensive applications and transcripts were so I am hoping I get into either one. While it's usually not hard for me to be patient, this has been a good lesson in patience for me. I just want to know where I'll be attending school in the Fall, you know? I just hope one accepts me as both schools have excellent Theology programs. We shall see.

-- 5 -- 
Occasionally I get asked what I'm reading so here's a basic run down (of what isn't already on my Goodreads profile): I'm reading Little Women by Louisa May Alcott with my rock star editor, Kiera. I also plan on re-reading another series/author as is my annual December tradition. I just don't know if I'm going to be re-reading Anne of Green Gables (which I already read earlier this year... don't judge me), the Narnia series, or Jane Austen (along with my friend, Nancy's, His Good Opinion.) I just want easy reads to finish the year, you know? I had so much academic reading to do that I just want to dive into a fictional world for a while. That's why I finished editing my novel doing NaNoWriMo; I needed that escape. Any other suggestions? I like fiction, I like history, I don't like smut, and I don't like paranormal. Go!

-- 6 --
It's come to my attention that people are still sending emails to the email address I once had up on this blog... and removed years ago. That email address is not checked often so please don't email me on it. I took it down as a contact on this blog for a reason. If you want to message me, please do it on Twitter or the blog's FB page. I won't be replying on the old gmail email address... which is occasionally used for my mom's personal use.

-- 7 --
I was so excited about the start of Advent... but I didn't start my Advent traditions yet. Sad panda! I mean, I've been keeping up with the Advent calendar but the wreath is up late because I was sick last weekend. I'm trying to catch up this week into the weekend. We'll see how it goes. :)

And that's it. Short, sweet, simple. :D

I hope y'all have a fantastic weekend!

As always, thanks for reading and God bless! :D



No comments: