Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Warm Weather Bucket List


As I was reading today's post by one of my favorite bloggers, Clare, I thought about how I should do a warm weather bucket list as well. There is no other season I dislike more than summer. I've mainly gotten sick during the summer months (the heat and I don't get along, something I seem to have inherited from my dad). My dad passed away in the summer (it was 118 degrees Fahrenheit on the day of his funeral). Except for my reversion which began in June 2006 (triggered by, you guessed it, illness), I have had some of my unhappiest memories take place during the summer.

Instead of dwelling on how much I intensely dislike the season, I'm going to focus on all the good I can experience during it. So here's my bucket list for this late Spring into Summer.

- Get involved in my parish's new garden (vegetables and fruits, I believe).
- Celebrate my 30th birthday.
- Learn to knit a beret for myself.
- Learn at least 2 new breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes that I can do without turning on the stove.
- Go for a walk early mornings, before the heat begins.
- Have one weekend on which I play tourist around L.A. I might've been born and raised in the city but there's a lot of touristy things I have yet to experience.
- Spend an entire morning/afternoon just browsing records at Amoeba Records.
- Find a decent local bookstore that isn't part of a large chain and spend at least two hours exploring it.
- Have a picnic by a lake.
- Hike one of the trails in the Santa Monica mountains before it gets too hot to enjoy them.
- Visit my alma mater if only because I miss the campus location.
- Have a mini road trip, preferably away from L.A.
- Finish my third novel.
- Give my wardrobe a much needed overhaul... and do it on a budget.
- Finish all the books I've started on my Goodreads list before starting new ones.
- Have lunch or dinner with friends I haven't seen in ages.
- Watch FIFA's Women's World Cup.
- Clean out all the random bookmarks on my browser.
- Learn to play a couple of songs by the Good Lovelies on the guitar.
- Attend at least one concert.
- Go to at least one museum.
- Go to the beach at least twice before the triple digits begin.
- Find a good place to go swing dancing.
- Go to the Cicada Club.
- Visit the Griffith Observatory.

As Clare said in her post, this isn't a "to-do" list but more of a list of fun things I'd like to do now that the weather is becoming warmer.

Anyway, this was just a fun blog post I wanted to share with y'all because I am stumped on what to blog about. Do any of you have any fun plans for the late spring / summer?

That's it for now. I need to go do some research on something for tomorrow. Cryptic, I know. ;)

As always, thanks for reading and God bless! :D

No comments: