Saturday, March 22, 2014

My View, Vol. 3: Sunset


I was driving home from Saturday Vigil Mass when the beauty of the sunset struck me. As you can see, there is so much busyness around -- the cars in the concrete parking lot, the buildings, the urban/suburban setting -- but the thing that still captures the eye and the imagination is the sun. Living in a big city, it's so easy to get distracted; to go through the day without seeing the beauty that God has given us that is not man-made.

One of the only perks about my alma mater was that I could see the ocean and mountains from the campus. Whilst I was listening to Church beliefs being either spun to go along with that particular professor's agenda or some other travesty during the lectures, I would always go out and see the beauty that surrounded me and I'd remember that God was there with me. It was one of the few things that kept me going.

Anyway, this is my view for the week.