Wednesday, May 29, 2013

(Sort of) New Year Resolutions

This is the last post before I'm officially one year older. Instead of dreading it, I'm excited. Birthdays, to me, are like New Year's Eve/Day. I make resolutions. I make sure the house is clean and that I have some sort of plans. While I can't say what plans I have for tomorrow (I don't even know what shenanigans are in store for me, though I know something is brewing...), I know what plans I have for the next year.

I know that there are going to be a lot of good changes coming up. As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I am switching careers and I will hopefully know where I'll be attending grad school before my next birthday rolls around. I have never been so at peace and ready for the next step as I am regarding this next phase of my life. I just know that this is where God is guiding me and it feels amazing. I did ask for direction during the last 54 Day Rosary novena I did with a few friends (Angelica and Kendra included) and now I have it.

And speaking of the 54 day Rosary novena, can I just briefly say that it seems like most of my prayers are getting answered at once? I know one of them is going to take some time to get answered (if it's God's will) but as far as guidance for career/work and my health improving, it's all going well.

With these two changes happening, I know I'm going to have to change the way I do things. As far as work is concerned, I'm going to continue freelancing for the two companies I started working for late last year (H&R Block and another company) as long as they need me. Though I don't make money my priority when taking on jobs, I've reached a point where I'm not happy doing work and not getting paid for it so that is why I made this decision. I have a student loan to repay and I have expenses (especially now that I am going to be applying to grad schools and need to pay for applications, transcripts, etc.). I was contacted about possibly writing for a new Catholic publication (alongside Thomas) so that may be a new project but, at the present, I am sticking to the two companies. I don't want too much on my platter or else I will burn myself out... like I am right now. Side note: don't mention work to me until I come back from vacation next week because I will snap and cry... and you don't want to see my ugly crying face. lol. Seriously though, I lost it this week so you know I need this work-free break.

As for my health, I'm just going to continue eating healthy (err, healthier; I've been hitting the gluten free waffles pretty hard, lol) and taking care of myself. I have my days of anxiety but it's not as bad as it was before... and I think that having my new plans is helping alleviate some of the anxiety I had. I just have to remind myself that I can't help others if I allow myself to stay stuck in my little shell and allow myself to be scared of whether or not my anxiety will make me have an off day. No more!

The one big change I want to (and have to) work on is my spiritual life. I've felt stuck for some time now. As we grow and get older (I refuse to have Peter Pan Syndrome), we obviously change. What worked for my spiritual life in my early or mid 20s doesn't work for me anymore. The things I did when I first reverted were great but I've learned so much since then. I am not entirely sure what I am going to do (other than making a decision about joining a third/lay order) but I am looking forward to exploring my options. Maybe looking at how each religious order's spirituality differs from the rest will inspire me. We shall see.

And now this post is way too long. Sorry!

Anyway, I have some praying to do (including the start of the Sacred Heart of Jesus novena; yes, it starts today) and then I want to see what else this day has in store for me.

I hope you all have had a great week thus far. Don't forget to send me any and all prayer requests you may have. :D

As always, thanks for reading and God bless! :D

No comments: