Friday, May 24, 2013

7 Quick Takes #4

I haven't done one of these since December. I did promise a blog post so here we go. :D


--- 1 ---


I finished Spring Cleaning today. It took me two (almost three) weeks to finish since I went through the entire house (every corner). Goodness gracious. I think I threw away about half of my filed papers and about a third of the other things I'd accumulated over the years. I am not big on clutter so it was wonderful to see it all go. Now I can relax, work on my novel (hey, it's the only free time I'll have), and count down 'til Thursday. :D

--- 2 ---


Oh, if you hadn't heard, I have made my decision over the possible name change... and I'm going to keep it for many reasons. Yes, I'm still headed to grad school to become a Speech-Language Pathologist but I'm still going to write... and I want to have some control over what content is published under "nerdwriter" and "catholicnerdwriter". I wouldn't want anyone scooping up the name and then creating illicit content, posing as me. I've seen it happen before.

--- 3 ---


I've noticed that, since I went on vacation, I've slipped back into my social media (mostly Twitter and instagram) addiction. Well, I don't know if addiction is the right word but it'll have to do for now. I was doing so well, taking time offline, and I didn't even consider what would happen if I didn't keep my schedule away from social network. Le sigh. I'm going to try to fix that during my last week of vacation.

--- 4 ---


Wedding month is about to wrap up for my lovely gal friends. Emily got married earlier this month and Clare got married last Saturday. Both were beautiful brides. And to round out the month, two more #CathSorority gals (Trista and Elizabeth) are getting married this weekend. Please join me in praying for all of them and their new husbands. :D

--- 5 ---


One more thing I'm excited for: my birthday next Thursday! I had one of the worst years (starting with my birthday misadventure) and it all went downhill from there. It was just a bad, bad year. I don't care that I'm that much closer to 30. Bring on 28 and the new, exciting things it will bring (including start of new career)! :D

--- 6 ---


This Catholic New Agency article on the American seminarians winning the Clericus Cup reminds me that I still need to post part two of my Catholicism and Soccer post. I hope to get to it soon. So many ideas, so little time.

--- 7 ---


Finally, as I wait for my birthday present from Frassati USA to arrive, I'm gong to melt over this picture of Bl. Pier Giorgio as a baby. How incredibly cute was he?! Those cheeks! I still have to write reviews on a couple of this books too. ;)



That's it for now. I want to go enjoy waffles or sugary cereal to celebrate the end of the Spring Clean-a-thon. I would've baked something but I'm too plumb tired. Don't worry, I won't be gluttonous (which, reminder, is a deadly sin). ;)

Hope y'all have a great weekend. :D

As always, thanks for reading and God bless.



For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!



No comments: