Monday, July 23, 2012

Positivity Week; Music Monday: Britt Nicole's "Gold"

Welcome to this week's themed blog posts. Yes, there will be a theme throughout the week and, yes, I do plan on writing something (even if it's a paragraph or two) every day this week. I am kicking off the post-a-thon with Britt Nicole's "Gold" because it goes perfectly with this week's theme... and I am always looking for an excuse to post music on this blog. ;)



"So what is the theme?" you may be asking yourself. Well, a lyric from the song I've chosen describes it best: "whatever you've been told, you're worth more than gold."


On Twitter and Facebook I've seen so many pointless arguments in which we (I am including myself in it even though I don't partake in them) sling mud back and forth. I've also seen really depressing posts and tweets in which people who have been hurt and trampled on begin to believe the horrible lies others have said about them. For example: "you're worthless," "you're ugly," "you're fat," "you're stupid," etc results in "I guess they were right." No, they weren't.

In an effort to combat all the negativity, I've decided to write a week full of positive posts. It hurts me to see so many friends and acquaintances suffering and this is the only thing I feel I can do (besides praying for them and talking to them individually). And I'm not doing it lightly. I'm going to be writing about issues which I am sure some of you would've never thought I would dare write about... but I am. I won't single anyone out. I will put my own personal touch to it, as well as bring in some guest bloggers for some of them, so that no one feels like I'm talking about them specifically. Just read and I hope that it helps you if the topic particularly touches you. :D

Anyway, just a heads up. :) I'm still trying to limit my time alone so I'm going to go clean my room now that I have stocked up on cleaning supplies. Yes, I get my kicks cleaning. Judge me if you want. ;)

I hope you all have a great week this week. :) If you have any prayer requests, let me know. :)

As always, thanks for reading and God bless! :D

No comments: