Tuesday, December 13, 2011

10 Things You Didn't Know About Me...

I like to do this once a year since I get new followers who know little about me. This is just a fun list of ten random things you might've not known about me.

1. I can juggle. I learned how to juggle and balance things on the tips of my fingers when I was about 7 years old. I can juggle most things and I still have pretty good balance.

2. I've been an Anglophile and Hibernophile for as long as I can remember. I used to love British and Irish boybands in my pre-teens and early teens and was never into their American counterparts.

3. I used to take everything apart to figure out how it worked. Vacuums, TVs, computers, etc. I don't do it as much anymore but I still like the idea of it.

4. Speaking of taking things apart for fun, I was a member of the Bob Vila's Kids Club when I was younger. To this day, I still like building things. Home Depot remains one of my favorite places to waste time.

5. I like random scents: the "new book" smell, fresh cut grass, the way the pavement smells when it starts raining, etc. I love the smell of flowers before I see them. I am very scent oriented. Ironically enough, it took me years to find a perfume that went with my body chemistry.

6. I cannot wear lipstick or most makeup. I've found out that I look weird with most makeup... like I'm a young girl trying too hard to look grown up. Suits me fine since I'm not big on wearing it anyway.

7. I wore jeans and pants up until a few years ago out of rebellion. My dad (you read that right) used to dress me in the girliest, frilliest dresses imaginable so when I got the chance to make my own wardrobe decisions, I went all trousers. Now I prefer skirts and dresses.

8. I can do many voice imitations -- speaking and singing. Only those closest to me have ever heard them though. They only come out when I'm at my silliest. :D I once considered becoming a voice-over actress.

9. Ms. Shelby Flint was my vocal teacher when I was growing up. She is the one who taught me to sing properly.

10. I wanted to be a nun when I grew up and St. Francis of Assisi was my favorite saint. To this day people will randomly ask me if I remember when I used to say, in a matter-of-fact voice/tone, that I was going to grow up to be a nun... particularly a Carmelite.

And now you know things very few people knew before I posted this. :D Yes, this is another filler post until I can get the CINO post ready... which I think may get scheduled for tomorrow. ;)

Anyway, hope y'all are having a good start of week. :D

As always, thanks for reading and God bless.

5 comments:

Beth Anne @ Beth Anne's Best said...

you should make a video of you juggling. That is fun to watch :)

#6 - ME TOO! When I worked I wore a LITTLE bit only bc my boss told me I needed to wear it! How Rude! The funny thing is since I started couponing you can get a TON of FREE makeup and I have a ton I never wear haha

This was fun to read :)

Katie@NFP and Me said...

1- That is awesome. I've always thought juggling was so neat.
3- You're just like Anakin Skywalker. :)
5. Me too. Coffee grounds, new shoes, and new car are a few of my very favorite weird smells.

Jeff Miller said...

Well I can identify with a couple of those item.s

1. I can juggle.
2. Loved taking things apart as a kid and I guess my guardian angle protected me from electrical shocks and odd mixtures of household chemical.
3. Started doing character voices as a kid starting with W.C. Fields who I got to play once in a show
4. I cannot wear lipstick or most makeup. :)
5. My high schools music teacher was not famous, though he was a childhood friend of Andy Griffith. Famous or not, he was a great vocal teacher and a very good man.

Melissa Cecilia said...

Beth - Yeah, I wish to remain as anonymous as I possibly can so that my current school can't pin anything on me until I graduate. lol. A video is currently out of the question. Maybe after graduation though. :D

Katie - LOL. I've never been compared to Anakin Skywalker before. That's pretty rad. lol.

Jeff - HAHA! I'm relieved to know that you're not big on wearing lipstick or most makeup. :D Curious about your imitation of W.C. Fields. :)

AKM said...

2) Me too! Except I've been calling myself an "Eirephile." I didn't know it was actually "Hibernophile." ;-)
5) Me too, part deux!
10) Me too, part trois! St. Francis of Assisi still might be my favorite saint. I'm considering joining the Brothers and Sisters of Charity, Domestic Expression, actually.