Wednesday, May 18, 2011

So, Lady Gaga is Now Jesus...

... or that's what she apparently thinks of herself. This morning I was doing my daily news rounds when I stumbled across an interview by The Guardian UK in which Lady Gaga calls herself a martyr, says her concerts are religious experiences, and says that she teaches her "disciples" to worship themselves. I don't even know where to start.

I could sit here and point out that almost everything she said is just bad (not to mention all of the blasphemous things she's done in the past) but I'm sure most of you guys will do that yourselves and that there will later be blogs discussing it in detail. I won't though, because I'll let you guys read the article and decide for yourselves. Consider it a fun "challenge"... a sort of "spot the things that she'd need to go to confession for" exercise.

I will say that, I will pray for this woman because she's reached a point where she thinks she's God-like and that's a very dangerous place to be. I do feel for her having been bullied and reading everything she suffered growing up but I can't agree with what she's doing now. I do understand that in the entertainment business things that shock are what are valued and that the public is fickle and always looking for the next big thing... but things have gotten out of control. She likes the spotlight and will continue to do these things until the public tires of it. I will just pray that she comes back down to earth and something changes. I don't like her persona and think that it's kind of dangerous to take her and what she says and does seriously, but she's still a human being.

Anyway, feel free to share your thoughts in the comments box. I'll let you guys come to your own conclusions after you read the article.

I hope you're all having a great week thus far. :)

As always, thanks for reading and God bless. :D

No comments: