Thursday, March 3, 2011

Novena to St. Gemma Galgani: Day One

As y'all know, I am a novena machine. I love praying novenas. Since St. Gemma Galgani's feast day is coming up, and since I've learned a lot about myself by learning about her own life and struggles, I thought I'd start her novena. :D I've already had a couple of prayer requests so if you have one yourself, please let me know. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Day One:
Oh most Divine Lord, we humbly prostrate ourselves before Thy Infinite Majesty, and we adore Thee and dedicate to Thy glory the devout prayers which we now present to Thee, as an act of devotion to your servant, St Gemma Galgani, whose intercession we are now imploring.

Most compassionate virgin, St. Gemma, during thy short life on earth, you gave a most beautiful example of angelic innocence and seraphic love and was found worthy to bear in thy flesh the marks of our Lord's Passion. Have pity on us who are so much in need of God's Mercy, and obtain for us through thy merits and intercession, the special favor which we now fervently implore (mention request)

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be.
Pray for us, St. Gemma, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Let us pray. O God, Who fashioned thy servant St Gemma, into a likeness of Thy Crucified Son, grant us through her intercession, the favor that we humbly request, and through the Passion Death and Resurrection of Thy Son, may we be united with You for all eternity. We ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

---------------------------------------------------------

I will post her novena (or the next part) throughout the next couple of days. I may write separate posts during these days and if I do I will post the novena first and the other entry second. :)

Anyway, I'm in the middle of cleaning (I just felt like going through everything in the house and cleaning) so I am going to try to finish that before the new Celtic Thunder show airs on PBS tonight. ;)

'Til next time, thanks for reading and God Bless! :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you SO much for posting this novena - I'm going to start it today and finish on her feast day. She's a favorite of mine too! I can't wait to pray this - I actually have a first class relic so this will be really special for me. Know that I'll be praying for you and your intentions too! : )

God bless+
Becky