Monday, September 13, 2010

Music Monday: Lee Brice's "Love Like Crazy"

Since my math class got cancelled (and the test got postponed a week, squee!!!), I have about an hour and a half to kill before I get picked up... which means time to update the blog. I won't go into how horrible my day was up until about 3 hours ago (or the disses towards the Pope and priests I heard this morning in class, oy) because it would turn into this massive rant... and I already vented via twitter and Facebook. lol. Anyway, I want to keep Music Monday going and I found this video just in time. :)

Most of the songs we hear on the radio now are either very pessimistic or a fantasy about what love is supposed to be. That's what I found refreshing about this song: it's real. It talks about real love and the lyrics are, well, you'll have to listen to it. I found it very inspirational, especially since everyone around me is so jaded when it comes to love. What I loved most is that the relationship that is supposedly (and I say this because I don't know if Lee wrote it from experience) the inspiration for this song mentions praying and alludes to having God in your relationship. How many songs do that? I fell in love with this song from the first time I heard it and I couldn't wait until I had a Monday free to post it. :D

And now, without further ado, here is "Love Like Crazy" by Lee Brice.



*EDIT: 9/14 - I just found out through a reader that Lee didn't write the song (Doug Johnson and Tim James did) so I wanted to add that. And, also, thanks to Lee who actually linked this blog post on his FB page. :D)*

I probably won't blog again until I am caught up with all my readings (I have one day to read the first 200 pages of The Odyssey... and, no, that is not a typo). I have about three back posts that I want to get up so check by the end of the day for those since I will try to post as many as I can in the next hour. :D

Anyway, I really hope you enjoyed the song.

As always, thanks for reading and God Bless. :D

6 comments:

lexiemom0517 said...

Amazing song and Lee is an amazing singer. However, one side note. While Lee wrote most of the songs on his album, he didn`t actually write this one. It was written by Doug Johnson (a really great guy who also helped produce Lee`s album) and by Tim James. :-)

Melissa Cecilia said...

Ah, thank you for the clarification. I just heard the song not too long ago and I didn't check the songwriters before I posted it. Still, LOVE this song. :D

lexiemom0517 said...

It is a really great song. And Lee has said before that it reminds him of his grandparents. When you hear him sing it live, you know, whether he wrote it or not, he understands the message in it. He`s one talented guy.

Unknown said...

I 1st met Lee Brice @ Caqmp Longridge SC when our church took our children & youth to camp there every summer. Lee, his brother Lewis, & Nick Norman were counselors & played in the band there. Our youth & children loved the camp & the girls especially loved the band!!! Our youth director had been associated with the camp for a long time & was very close to these guys so she would have them come to our church (Immaanuel Baptist) & play at our youth rallies on the front lawn of the church. When they came Lee & Lewis always stayed @ my sisters house & other members of the band stayed @ other church members houses, Nick Norman & one of the other guys stayed at my house once. Needless to say Lee came from a good Christian background & one of the reasons I love this song so much is because it talks about long lasting relationships, treating your woman like a lady & my favorite part...."Never let your praying knees get lazy". He's a great guy & a very talented musician & songwriter. Love Lee Brice & his brother Lewis!!!!!!!

Jamie said...

I love love love that sing! :-) like you said, so inspirational!

Jamie

Anonymous said...

As I was listening to Lee Brice's song, it made me look at my parents marriage and I saw the similarities and it also made me think that the writer may have been Catholic. My parents have been married 54 years and not too many marriages last anymore these days. And my dad did start off making $100 a week. Love like crazy!