Friday, June 25, 2010

Novena in Honor of Bl. Pier Giorgio Frassati - Day One

Since I am in the middle of a creativity kick (and since I want this novel to be done and edited as soon as I can get it finished), I won't be posting too much (again, I know). Instead, I am going to update with the Novena in Honor of Bl. Pier Giorgio Frassati.

If you've read this blog for a while now, you know of the devotion I've developed for this particular blessed -- especially after the miracles he's done for me (most notably the college tuition miracle which was recently granted; seriously, I'm still incredibly grateful for this since it wasn't looking good for me to continue college). I hope someday soon bigger and better miracles are attributed to him so he can finally be declared a saint. I will (when I hit writer's block or take a break prior to going into a heavy duty editing kick) review one of the books on his life on his feast day (July 4th). Delaney still has one of my books but I still have some more. :D I strongly encourage you to learn more about his life, starting at the official U.S. site.

The Novena to Bl. Pier Giorgio Frassati - Day One:

Jesus says: “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”

Pier Giorgio responds: “The faith given to me in Baptism surely suggests to me that of yourself you will do nothing; but if you have God as the center of all your actions, then you will reach your goal.”

We pray: Blessed Pier Giorgio, teach me true poverty of spirit. Help me understand that God cares for me; and that He asks me, in return, to care for others, especially those in need. Guide me to make choices in my life which will show a preference for service of God and neighbor, rather than accumulating financial wealth and social advantage for myself. Give me a special love for the poor and the sick.

Blessed Pier Giorgio, I ask for your intercession in obtaining from God, Who is the Lover of the poor, all the graces necessary for my spiritual and temporal welfare. I confidently turn to you for help in my present need: (mention your request.)

Daily Closing Prayers

------

Since I already have a special devotion to St. Dymphna (link is to one of the more popular posts on this blog) as she is the patron saint of those who suffer from anxiety (which has gone down once again after a couple of particularly bad days) and since I'm currently offering up the pains and illnesses I'm going through for the souls in purgatory, I don't have anything major to ask for. However, if anyone does have something please let me know so I can add it when I pray this novena. :)

Anyway, I am off to get all I can get from my creativity kick. :D

As always, thanks for reading and God bless. :D

2 comments:

Angel said...

Hey girl. Can you include me in your novena? I am still job hunting and taking exams. Since I'm heading into a new career, few doors are being opened. Thank you! Blessed Pier Giorgio, pray for us.

-Angelica

Unknown said...

I'll be saying this novena along with you. Thank you for the link to his site - I've always wanted to know more about him but never got around to looking it up.

Pax!
J.K.