Saturday, March 20, 2010

Reflection of the Day

I fought and I lost... this week's fight against my homework that is. I didn't even get a chance to finish either my Humanities paper (though I did read and write quite a bit) nor a discussion thread for my Creative Writing course. I finished everything for my Art Appreciation course -- a week early no less, and my History homework isn't due until tomorrow so I have time to finish (just 20 pages and then a quiz plus discussion to write.) Normally I would've beat myself up for it but I didn't this time. I will remember what several priests have told me and take my parents' advice: I will stop being so hard on myself and be proud that I did all that I could. Unfortunately, being sick in bed for a good part of this week (as well as last) didn't help but I won't use that as an excuse. I am just happy that I tried (though I know I could've tried harder) and that I didn't resort to cheating. If I fail this week's assignments (oh boy, that's going to bring down my Humanities grade quite a bit, not so much Writing) then that's life. I have always been an overachiever and have done well academically but this year has been a nightmare.

Perhaps this is all a blessing in disguise. I've always been overly confident about my academic career and maybe this is all to teach me that failure (well, failure for me) is okay sometimes... and that I shouldn't beat myself up. Maybe I do need to be humbled. Either way, as long as I know I did the morally correct thing (by not cheating), I will accept whatever grade I get. Pass or fail, I'm good with God and that's ultimately what matters.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take a break from typing.

Thanks for reading my reflection. :)

As always, thanks for reading and God Bless. :D

No comments: