Sunday, November 29, 2009

Advent: Celebrations, Changes, and Epiphanies.

This is our first Advent wreath. My parents never used one, nor did they really celebrate Advent, so this is the start of a new tradition in our little family. I thought that, considering everything we've been through and how easily we can forget about what Advent is all about, the wreath on our kitchen table would be perfect.

I've had wanting to do this since I returned to the Church but I hadn't been able to until this year. I think it'll add something special to our days and, hopefully, will help get mom and I to start saying grace before meals (another time we're not used to; so sad).

I've been having a lot of changes happening in the family, some good and some not too good, which have led to epiphanies... which I hope to write about soon. All I will say is that this Advent season is the perfect time for this to happen, and I consider it a blessing from God. :) Does anyone else have these kinds of experiences around this time of year, or am I the only one?

Anyway, sorry for the short entry... busy with math homework (of course). I hope everyone has a great Advent season. :D

For more about Advent please visit here.

As always, thanks for reading and God Bless!
- Emmy Cecilia

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I too need to get back in the habit of saying grace before meals. With being gone from the church for so long, it's hard to get back in the habit of everything all at once. I'm working on it though.