Monday, August 10, 2009

The Anti-Muffin Award; Music Monday: Britt Nicole.

Thank you, Rose of A Rose in Bloom, for the Anti-Muffin Award. So, what exactly is the Anti-Muffin Award all about? Rose created it and gave it to bloggers "who are decidedly "Anti-Muffins". Bloggers who promote what they believe without hesitation and without fear of possible negative feedback. Bloggers who don't conform to the world's standards." I hope I do the award justice. I certainly don't shy away from writing about what I believe, fully knowing that I have friends who read this blog regularly and who have the opposite beliefs I do regarding certain social issues. I don't do it to get a rise out of anyone; I just write what I'm discovering on this lifelong journey as a faithful Roman Catholic.

I'd like to pass along this award to the following bloggers:
- Rebecca of Modestia and Catholic in Film School, for continuing her great work to help promote modesty in fashion. She definitely shows us young women that it IS possible to find great clothing that won't compromise our beliefs.

- Clare of The Catholic Young Woman (formerly A Maiden's Wreath) for, like Rebecca, helping promote modesty and not being ashamed of the fact. We need more women like this.

- Monique of Catholic Chicks, for helping empower Catholic women of all ages by using different mediums.

- Claire Christina of Musings of a Twentysomething, for being one of the most faithful, and traditional, young women I've met. Next time you're in L.A., we'll definitely work out the transportation issues. :D

- Joe of Verbum Veritatis, not only for being a great friend and coming to Mass with me the day after my father passed away (sorry about all those liturgical abuses, I can't control those!) but for sharing his discernment journey... as well as calling out all the liturgical abuses we often see in the Los Angeles Archdiocese. btw, he's so far the only one that can confirm the fact that I wear mantillas to Mass. :D

- Fr. Austin Murphy of Jesus Goes to Disney World, for continuing to bring the Catholic faith and pop culture together to help better understand our faith to young people everywhere. btw, Happy Belated birthday, Fr. Austin!

And, though the following don't blog/update as often as the rest of us, I'd like to pass it on to the following because, on a personal level, I know how deep their faith runs and how they never shy away from speaking out about their faith:
- Delaney of Hat Full of Hope
- Andrew of Per Fidem

Hooray for Anti-Muffins everywhere! lol.

I promise not to make this post any longer so I will just say that I am bringing back Music Mondays! I will continue to spotlight an artist that make good, positive music for everyone instead of "selling out" and doing what they think will help them sell more records to the masses. This week's artist is Britt Nicole.

While Britt Nicole may not be Catholic, she is still a hardworking Christian artist that allows her music to speak out on her faith. Her latest album, The Lost Get Found, will be out tomorrow but you can listen to her album for free (thanks to Sparrow Record) before it hits stores tomorrow. Just like her first album, Say It, tracks include songs that inspire young women not to be afraid to speak out on their faith and their love of God.

This is the first single, and title track, off her latest album, and is also the perfect example of the kind of message she tries to send others.


Alright, that's all for now. I want to get back to this book I'm reading (and hoping to do a completely honest review of it; I won't be kind...) so I can get up a new entry soon. I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. :) As always, thanks for reading and God Bless. :D