Happy St. Dymphna Feast Day! :D Thanks to Catechist Corner for reminding me (via twitter) about today because I wanted to give something in honor of her day.
As I've mentioned several times, I owe the fact that I'm currently anxiety free to St. Dymphna. From the first day I started praying, asking her to pray for me and help me with my anxiety, I've been able to do a lot of things I couldn't have done 2 years ago. I'm incredibly grateful to her for everything she'd done for me. Since I have a special place in my heart for her, I decided (months ago) that when her feast day came around I would give away 3 St. Dymphna Rosary Chaplets and 5 Laminated Prayer Cards. They will all be blessed, too. :) (*whispers* If there was a DVD of her life, I would be giving that away).
Now, the contest rules:
- Pick either (or both, for a better chance of winning) set of questions.
- Answer the questions and leave me your answer as a comment on here, through a DM on twitter, or via email (my email address is on my blogger profile). Make sure to write down which set of questions you're answering.
- Let me know how you want to be contacted (email, twitter, your own blog, etc) in case you have won something.
- Sit back and relax until Sunday when I pick the winners.
How will I decide the winners? This will not be a "first come, first serve" type contest. No one has to rush to try to get these questions in right now... but you do have to have them by Sunday evening. From the people who have the correct answers, I will randomly draw the names out of my little box. Got it? Okay, good. :) And now for the questions...
For the Rosary Chaplet:
1) I've mentioned St. Dymphna MANY times in this blog before. How many entries have I mentioned her name, in one way or another? This entry counts as one. :D (Hint: The Search Box is your friend. :D)
2) What was the entry (post) name in which I included scanned photos of a St. Dymphna's prayer card? (Submitting the link as the answer is also acceptable.)
3) Which fellow saint helped St. Dymphna during her escape (and was also martyred with her)?
For the Prayer Cards:
1) Where is St. Dymphna originally from?
2) Where was she martyred?
3) What is she the patron saint of (besides anxiety)?
And, that's it. You have until 10 p.m. PST to answer on Sunday night. :D I will contact the winners the following day. Good luck to everyone!
Now, if you'll excuse me, I believe I've scheduled a "no internet" rule for myself for the rest of the weekend (unless something good happens and I need to come back). I'm on a novel writing roll and have part of the beginning already written. I work backwards, I had the middle first, then the ending, and now I'm working on the beginning. :D
As always, thanks for reading and God Bless. :D