Friday, August 1, 2008

Too Many Copies; Novel Progress; Statue Vandalism.

Oy vey! I spent 4 non-stop hours making who knows how many copies for my dad this morning. If there is one thing I'm incapable of, it's saying "No" to my parents (and friends) when they ask me for favors. So, I spent valuable novel writing hours making so many copies, it's officially killed any hidden aspirations I might've had of becoming a secretary or working in an office. lol. At the end I was asking for a massage, which I might get soon because I need to get the (writing) knots out of my shoulders and back.

And speaking of the novel, I wrote more than I intended to last night. It was great! It started off one way but as I wrote it, it turned into something else and I am VERY happy with how these particular scenes/parts are coming out. Since it's one of the more emotionally draining parts of the novel, I was having issues trying to figure out how to play it all out. :D Just to give you an idea of how intense the scenes are... I am listening to somber music to get myself in that particular mood. I am listening to "Lacrimosa" from Mozart's Requiem but it's nowhere as dramatic, I promise. I'm way too upbeat for these particular scenes so I need music to help me. I have one of the most daunting pivotal scenes to write tonight but I need to work on it because I won't ever finish the novel. I am going to try to keep it as close to real life events as I can because it's very easy to dramatize it. If that makes no sense it will once you read the entire thing. I have approximately 23 days to finish as much as I can of the novel before I have to head back to school. Oh, no pressure whatsoever! lol. It's definitely a challenge I look forward to tackling. I am woman, hear me roar! lol.

There was something on the Catholic News Agency website that made me sad and angry at the same time. It was the first time I'd read about statue vandalism but it still affected me. Some punks decided to decapitate a statue of the Sacred Heart in Madrid, Spain. A few weeks ago I read about how a statue of St. Anthony of Padua was destroyed; also in Spain. Ugh. That sickens me. How people are capable of doing such things, I'll never know. I'm always trying to save statues from even chipping (see Earthquake Edition: Heading Straight for St. Jude to see/read what I mean), the opposite of what these punks are doing. It's like that Professor at the University of Minnesota (you, sir, disgust me!) who desecrated the Eucharist and then said that all of who are enraged are nothing but... well, let's just say that man is obviously in need of prayers (and possibly a nice straight jacket) because what he did and said are purely evil. I won't write more about THAT because I don't think I'll be able to hold back and we don't want that. lol. I hope that whoever destroyed the statues get caught, and seriously repent their actions, because it's just awful! I hope that, as WYD 2011 in Madrid approaches, we don't have more repeat offenses. All the secularization in Spain could be a huge contributing factor. Ugh. Just, ugh. I'll pray that all of that ends, and soon.

Alright, well, that's it for today. Hopefully I will have happier topics tomorrow. lol. Thanks for reading and God Bless.
.

No comments: