Sunday, August 3, 2008

Best Day Ever!; Participating in Mass; Bon Voyage!

Raise your hand if you've had the best day ever. *raises both hands and waves them around, excitedly*. Haha. I'm such a dork. :D Yes, I've had an amazing day, THANK YOU, GOD! I honestly don't know what I did to deserve such a fantastic day but I thank God for giving me a day like today. After helping my parents out with financial issues (seriously, I cannot say "No" to them), they surprised me by taking me to a soccer shop where they sell jerseys and whatnot from all the clubs all over the world -- including those of my favorite teams. Can we say WHOOOO?! lol. As soon as we walked in, I spotted the Liverpool jerseys. Seriously, I don't know how but I spotted them within 30 seconds on being in the store. Haha. Unfortunately, they didn't have any ladies jerseys (either old or the newer ones). Bummer. They did have men's jerseys and stuff but I wanted a ladies one. AND they didn't have any of the players names in the back. I think I'm going to save up to order a jersey from the official club website... so I can get Daniel Agger's name and number on the back (Agger 5). I think Dad wanted to get a Spain jersey but didn't. Mom surprised me by buying me an official Liverpool crested cap, though. They had scarves and other things but I'd prefer the cap. It's an LFC thing, it's red, and it blocks out the sun (I HATE getting tanned) so it all works out for the best. lol.

After my little "SQUEE!" moment at the soccer shop (so many things, to little time), we went to Mass. It was Fr. John's first Mass at our parish so it was special. We got there like half an hour earlier than usual but it was okay. It gave us a chance to get one of the best seats. Several minutes into the Mass, this man walks towards my mom and I (who were the only ones who went to Mass; Dad refused again *sigh*) and asks us if we want to take the Altar Cloth up to the altar and put it on there. I was like "What? ME?!" Mom was so into it, she pushed me to go. Haha. Now, you have to remember that typically, I am like "NOOOO!" about these things because of my anxiety. But, I thought to myself that this would be a special thing that I could do (and with my mom no less); to have more of an active participation during Mass. I agreed to do it and when we got the okay, we walked up to the altar and got it all set up for the Eucharist. I have to admit, my heart was pounding at first (and said a silent prayer to St. Dymphna) because I HATE being the center of attention. HATE IT. Why do you think I stopped performing? lol. But, anyway, I was happy and honored to have done it (and, look ma, no anxiety! WHOOO! lol). I sure picked a good day to get dolled up. lol. This was the first time I've gotten really dressed up (heels included) for Mass in a long time. Usually I feel so physically horrible (or really anxious) so I'm not worried about what I wear (though I do make an effort to look nice) but, for some reason, I woke up wanted to get all dressed up and I'm glad I did. lol. So, yay! Mass was a little more special to me than usual. :D

Also, after Mass, this woman who used to be our neighbor over 14 years ago saw me and she came right up and hugged me. I was like "Uh... do I know you?" because I didn't recognize her until the light bulb went off in my head. Ironically, I had just asked my dad if he remembered the lady and her daughters last Tuesday, after the Earthquake, because they lived here during the big one in 1994. I remember that my dad got the cars out of the garage and the two little girls and I slept in the car (the earthquake happened at 4:30 a.m.) until the sun came up. I had no idea they attended our parish so it was lovely to see old friends again. I got so many hugs, they'll probably last me a long time. lol.

ACK! Barcelona is playing against Chivas de Guadalajara (Mexican club) and I want to go watch it. I didn't write as fast as I wanted. But, before I go, I should mention that I am going to be going out of the country (YES!!!!) next weekend for a few days so if you don't get an update from me, that's why. I hope to take many pictures... as many as my dinky little memory card will let me take. lol. I do plan on visiting churches from the city/country I'll be visiting so watch out for those.

Alright, well, I guess that's all. Thanks for reading and God Bless. :D
.

5 comments:

Delaney said...

Oh, Emmy, I'm so glad your day was so great! :D Mine was pretty spiffy too. We went to Mass last night, so we spent today relaxing. I played guitar a bit, and started reading a Sherlock Holmes short story. :)

Melissa Cecilia said...

Thanks, sis! :D I'm glad to hear your day went well, too. :D

btw, what's your favorite song to play on the guitar?

Melissa Cecilia said...

Ooh. Thanks for the heads up, songjane! I'll definitely check them out. :D

Delaney said...

Eh, I really don't know any songs to play on the guitar, though I know a lot of chords and could play something if I knew anything to play, or my dad had the time to teach me - but he has 35 years of guitar experience and I have only 3, so he doesn't know that I can't do some of the things he does as fast as he can do them. *sigh*

However, I can play bits and pieces of songs my dad has written, and a George Gershwin song, and Stand In The Rain by Superchic[k], and pieces that I've started writing. :)

Melissa Cecilia said...

Aw, that's still awesome though. When you feel more comfortable playing the guitar, let me know and I'll send you some tabs and chords of the songs I love performing. It's good exercise for your fingers.