Monday, May 5, 2008

Lost Medal Found (!), Religious Studies Semester Abroad, and Ways to Cure Boredom.

I finally found my once lost Miraculous Medal... on the living room couch. Now, I was positive I lost it at church when I went to confessions but I found it. I looked for it and couldn't find it. It's that funny? You always find things when you least expect it. I was on my way to do the dishes when I just kinda glanced in the direction and there it was. I cannot explain how HAPPY I was to see it. I was all bummed out because I thought I'd lost it but I didn't. :D I would do a cartwheel if I wasn't (still) lightheaded. :D

Since I was bored most of the day (except for a little while when I watched the first part of the Colin Firth version of Pride and Prejudice), I decided to really buckle down and narrow the list of schools to consider for my semester abroad (which will be in a few months). Since I am majoring in Religious Studies (and before you ask, I still don't know what I'm doing with that, I just know I want to major in it), it's hard to find schools that offer courses that will transfer and also be related to the major. Luckily, though, I've been able to find almost a dozen schools all over the world. My top choices are in Europe (of course) and one is in South America. I've never been down to Argentina (where one of the schools is located) so that's something that's appealing to me. I LOVE traveling so any chance I have to do it, especially if it's to some place I've never been to before, I take it! There is a lot to consider: language requirements, the courses offered at each university, etc. but I'm willing to make some sacrifices for certain schools. I will have to brush up on my French or Italian or learn Czech or Russian if I am to decide on one of those unis. I'm good with English and Spanish (I grew up speaking both) so no worries with schools being taught in those languages. I am leaning towards one particular school but who knows. I like to do pros and cons list (yeah, I really do) and really research things before I decide. If that fails, I'll just flip a coin. lol. Either way, I'm very excited about being able to live and learn outside the U.S. :D

So, like I've mentioned, I have been battling boredom (and anxiety, as well) throughout the day today. (Hey, it's still Monday in California). I've found very little ways to entertain myself. Oddly enough, washing dishes was therapeutic for a while. I'm weird, I know. I didn't get a chance to clean the entire house, though, because I would take breaks to talk to my sis and to watch certain shows that would come on (a show on Vatican City, anyone?). Sadly, I am running out of ideas on how to combat boredom so if anyone has any suggestions, please, send them my way! I should probably list the things that don't keep boredom at bay for long:

- playing guitar
- watching DVDs
- listening to the same songs over and over
- reading (seriously! I am in need of new titles to read)
- writing (temporary writer's block)
- painting, sketching
- texting random things like "Boobah" to my friends (haha, don't ask)
- etc.

*sighs* I really can't wait until everyone graduates / is off for the summer because I'm super bored and the creativity is stumped right now. le sigh. And if any of my friends in this city are reading this: I am open to being thrown over your shoulders, carried into your cars, and having mini-road trips around the city... or to the beach! Ooh, surfing's a good idea...

Alright, well, I need to eat something before I drift off to dreamland so... I should end the blog sometime in the near future. Like now. :D As always, thanks for reading and God Bless.
.

No comments: