Sunday, January 6, 2008

More Rain, Football, Rosaries and Jamie Oliver.

Well, it's been raining since about 11 a.m. which means I missed mass. :( Normally, rain or no rain I would've gone. Unfortunately the car's brakes aren't working properly and we didn't want to risk an accident. Hmph. :-/ I really wanted to go but safety is important. I'll just go to confessions next week and see how much penance I get for missing mass... and for cursing.

The only time I let a couple (and by a couple I mean two) of curse words out is when I am watching football (also known as soccer in the U.S. and Canada). I can usually catch myself before I actually say them but sometimes I'll be so into the game, they'll slip up. And not in English or Spanish. Oh no. French is the language I use most when cursing during games. An Italian word might slip out but very rarely does that happen. Although the word isn't that bad, I still don't like saying it. I've gotten really good at thinking about what I'm going to say before I say it... except during football matches. Haha. I'm sorry, I just really get into the game. :D I think that's why people are always so amused when they watch a game with me. I tend to use sort of old fashioned words such as "golly" and "gee" so I think people are surprised the first time they hear me say the rude version of the word "poo" in French. If my beloved Liverpool FC hadn't played the way they did -- and if the manager hadn't made the line-up he did -- it wouldn't have happened. Hopefully the next game we play won't be as pitiful as today's game. I don't know where the mighty Reds went wrong. They started off the season (and pre-season) brilliantly but they've slipped quite a bit recently. Either way, I will support them because that's what a fan does -- supports them through the good and bad spells.

Moving away from one thing I love (football) to the next... I've already let my parents know that if they want to give me anything for my birthday, I want an emerald rosary. I recently bought one that had green beads with St. Jude on it but every time I tried to use it, different parts would break apart. Basically, the rosary's very fragile. I have to use the one my baptism Godmother gave me when I was a few months old because I don't have another one -- well, one that's not locked away, safe from harm. I hope I get another one soon, though, because I don't want to use the baptism rosary that much. I want to save and treasure it. Either way, I've let my parents know what I really want (because, despite my protests, they always give me something). Am I weird for always looking at different rosaries and wanting to collect different kinds? If I am, eh, don't care. lol. Seriously, though, I love rosaries and I don't feel comfortable not saying it at least once a day. :D I always feel very calm and relaxed afterwards; it's a lovely feeling. :D

Another lovely feeling? Watching Jamie Oliver cooking shows. Don't ask me why but I LOVE watching his shows. Everything from Naked Chef to Jamie's Great Italian Escape -- loved it. I've even gotten up early to watch Naked Chef on BBC America. Anyway, there's a new show of his "Jamie at Home" that's starting on the Food Network tonight. Score! And the show is going to be about organic foods -- which is what I try to mainly eat. I'm excited. Maybe I'll get some recipes to try new stuff because I need a variety. I get bored eating the same thing over and over again (and will end up hating it for a while if I eat it for months) so it's always good to learn new stuff. :D The show's actually starting in about 3-4 minutes so it's time for me to wrap up this entry.

Let's hope it doesn't rain tomorrow because I have a long list of errands to run.

Anyhoo, thanks for reading and God Bless. :D

No comments: